• HomeAbout MeHire Me

Smells like purple

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I often ask my husband why he loves me. Most of the time I just want attention (I'm a bit of an attention hog - surprise I know) but sometimes I really want to know. One of his reasons is that I make him laugh all the time, usually without even meaning too.

After thinking about it, I have to say that is one reason I love him too. Today for example: I was awoken by his rare angry spoiled side. He was upset that I hadn't done the dishes before I went to bed. *Sigh* I got up cleaned up and he hushed up.

Later he was near me and said "You smell like purple." Who says that?! It was very funny. Not sure what he meant by it but it made me laugh. He always makes me laugh, even without trying too. Laughter is so important in our marriage. It lightens the mood and makes us realize how stupid we are sometimes and how much fun we have with each other and that no one else would ever 'get us' and make us as happy.

A match made in Heaven for sure. Now I wonder what purple smells like...

20 bubble blowin' comments:

Here I scribble said...

really very sweet... wish u both lots of laughter :)

Tiffany said...

I absolutely agree, laughter is a must! How boring life & marriage would be w/out it. Let me know what purple smells like : )

Nicole said...

I decorated the office for Valentines Day this year and my co worker walks in and with a smirk she says "Ugh it smells like red in here" and I started sniffing lol I still dont know what it smells like! =D

Unknown said...

I agree! Laughter is a huge part of my marriage as well; not to say the marriage is a joke, well, maybe, I'm not sure!

mommakin said...

Oh, laughter is key! No doubt!

Purple smells nice. :-)

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I love laughing and laughing with the person you love is just wonderful! Cute post.

Unknown said...

Ask him to describe what purple smells like...I'm curious too.

mammydiaries said...

It smells like grapes. Well, grape flavoured bubblegum that is... with a little bit o' sunshine added in for good measure! Have a great day:)

Rebecca Jo said...

it must smell lovely! :)

La Belle Mere said...

Those moments are what makes your relationship special. The other day my husband asked me if Christians believed in Dinosaurs? WTF?? We then proceeded to debate the issue for over half an hour. We were cracking up.

Let me know what purple smells like. xxxx

Julie said...

Interesting! Didn't know colors had a smell :)
Hey, you forgot to do MY dishes too!

Kaibee said...

I totally agree humor keeps things light and moving!

I think purple smells like lavenders or maybe grape bubble gum!!!

Ali said...

Let's go with the idea that purple smells like perfection and all that good stuff, yeah? :)

Mrs. M said...

Nobody has ever told me I smell like a color before!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is a funny comment. Maybe lilacs?

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

that's sweet!

. said...

OOh cute blog! I so love it! And I also love Gilmore Girls!

Maybe purple smells like grape... it's what comes to my mind. Have you asked him what purple smells like?

Stopping by from SITS to say hi. (I bookmarked your blog, so pretty!) :D

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Very sweet... I totally want to know what exactly purple smells like now!

Megan said...

awww... how sweet. My husband and i always tell each other that we are each one half of a whole idiot. Bless us, we know how to laugh!

Thanks for coming by my SITS Featured blog today!

Hannah said...

Super sweet hubby!! I love that answer!

Stopping by from SITS.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments; they are like sunshine to my soul!