• HomeAbout MeHire Me

Friend Makin' Monday

Monday, June 15, 2009



Today's task is confessions, here are a few of mine (and here's hoping you still love me anyways).



1. I'm wearing my pj's right now and haven't taken a shower all day :)

2. I've seen every episode of Gilmore Girls at least five times, but I haven't seen ANY of the last season. I'm not ready for it to be over. (and please don't give anything away or there will be punishment!)

3. I don't keep in touch with friends and family like I should. Communicating with them reminds me of how much I miss them.

4. Sometimes I tell Hubby "I don't feel well" so I can get some extra sweet attention and care.

5. I love me!!! I feel so lucky to have the spirit and life that I do.

6. I am super emotional, I cry a lot. (I've even cried while 'doing it')

7. I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to have children, or move out of this state.

8. I don't have a cell phone and I have no idea how to text.

9. I'm not good at trying new recipes. I cook the same 12 or so meals over and over again. And I am in love with my water bottle.

10. I enjoy doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen. But dread cleaning the floors.

123 bubble blowin' comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I so relate to #9, #7 (I have been trying for two yrs. and nothing :( I have an appoint. set for Sept. but I'm so afraid to go b/c I don't want them to confirm my fear.)

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

I tell my hubby I don't feel good too, sometimes, for more attention... It'll be our secret - LOL

Curious said...

I never get dressed or shower on Sundays... that's MY day:). Great list, thanks for stopping by!!

Karin Katherine said...

I used to be afraid I'd never have children or move out of Pennsylvania. I now live in Florida and have four kids. I hope it happens for you too...but of course to a state you want to move to!

Erica said...

Kuddos to you first time I have read somebody liked doing laundry, would you possibly consider helping me out with a few loads. I must admit I sometimes myself enjoy a good pajama day. :) So what state are you in? Which one do you wanna be in?

J.J. said...

Great list...especially #5. :)

Happy FMM!

Anonymous said...

i love your confession list, i about died on #6, too funny!

i too am not into texting or twittering or talking to people....

Krissy said...

Oh how I miss Stars Hollow!

The Rambler said...

I can relate to 1, 3, 6, & 9.

Loved your list today!!

And I'll be honest. I'm envious that you don't have a cell phone and don't text. There are days I wish I could be like my stepdad and say eh...what the hell do I need those things for?

Erin said...

I wish telling my husband I didnt fell well would get me some TLC!

I am emotional but not when it comes to doing it!!

I dont cook at all ( thanks to my hubby I am well fed)!!

I cant believe you dont have a cell phone!

Kasey said...

floor cleaning is awful! and I loath it with an extreme intensity! Great confessions! I'm with ya on #4! Sometimes we just need some attention ya know!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Too funny! I think we all have aspects of house cleaning that we dread. For me, it is dusting.

I refuse!

-Francesca

La Belle Mere said...

OMG!!!! You are like Uber blog builder lady and yet you don't know how to TEXT???!!! I am blown away by that!!

Anyway, happy SITS day chicky - congrats on being FB.

xxxxxx

AP Mommy said...

Would you like to do MY laundry?! :) Also whenever you mention GG you should REALLY make the disclaimer that you haven't watched the final season - I almost said something when commenting on your post from today - eek!

Watch it - watch it - then we can discuss. ;-) I'm an avid watcher and pusher myself. I've gotten 3 people hooked. I of course own them all.

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Plenty of laundry here for you if you want to pop over.

Liz Mays said...

I tend to use the same recipes over and over too but I'm trying to get better...

Helen McGinn said...

Aww. That was a sweet list, how could we not love you? Happy SITS day, it was a pleasure reading your blog. x

JennyMac said...

Fun list of confessions! You don't have a cell phone?

Happy SITS day!

SmartPumpkin'sMom said...

hahahahaha...that's real funny! thanks for making my day. ;)enjoy ur sits day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy SITS day, stopping by to say hello! Great list :-)

MrsM said...

We don't have a cellphone either-I'm glad we're not the last people on earth to be cell-less =)

Congrats on your SITS day!

Sandra Winn said...

Hi, Visiting from SITS...Haha, I've lied about not feeling well too. Well, not really lied but maybe exaggerated a bit. ;-)

Hehe, if you and I ever watched a sad movie together we'd probably run everyone out of the theater! And watch out when it's that time of the month because I'll choke up and have tears streaming down my face watching a touching Hallmark or Insurance commercials...I'm pathetic I tell ya! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the list... I cry alot too and I have no idea how to text, but I do have a cell phone.

Anonymous said...

Hello, vositing from SITS too :).

Can totally realte to #3 & #4.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

OMG, having bad typo day! That should read:

Visiting from SITS & can relate to #3 & #4.

Must get sleep...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

That's not so bad. I like laundry too and I am a big cry baby but girlfriend, you need to get a cell phone! Happy SITS day!

Lisa M said...

I love my water bottle too! :) Happy SITS Day!

Anonymous said...

love the honesty! sweet (:

glenna said...

Happy Sits Day. No guilt about not cleaning the floors today! ENJOY! :-)

mommytoalot said...

Congrats and enjoy your special day.
My foster daughter LOVES Gilmour girls... each Christmas we'd get her anew season. Me...i've seen a few episodes.

Creative Junkie said...

I do have a cell phone and know how to text - it just takes me an hour to do it.

I have yet to catch an episode of Gilmore Girls - I really should rent them - everyone seems to love it!

Debbie @ OtRD said...

What a great list! #10 is the same for me too!

Kerri said...

HE HE HE...love your list. Especially number 5! Stopping by from SITS. Have a good one!

Cher said...

haha! I say "I don't feel well either..." It works...most of the time! :)

Pam said...

Great list! I feel like I have a great idea of "who you are".

Carma Sez said...

If you have 12 meals in your repertoire- that's pretty darn good -- I only have 5 in the regular rotation :D

Elizabeth Patch said...

true confessions for the SITS-ters! Happy SITS day

Unknown said...

I think all wives have done #4. It's in the manual you get on your wedding day. ;)
HAPPY SITS DAY!

Connie said...

NO Cell phone? GASP!

I like to do #4 too. Happy SITS Day!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I am totally in love with my water bottle too. :) It's a blue Nalgene bottle from Qatar. My sister got it for me when she was stationed as a nurse in Iraq. :)

Chanda said...

I can relate to so many of those! And I think it all sounds pretty awesome :)

Life of a Stepmama said...

Love this post!!! I even cried while doing it, I think we have all been there! Cheers, happy SITS day!

Anonymous said...

I love Gilmore Girls too - was really sad about it ending. I still miss Luke - where did that guy go?

HAPPY SITS DAY!!!

Maria @BOREDmommy

Unknown said...

Ohh I love those confessions!! :) You seem like such an adorable person.

Please be sure and pop by and leave a note! And please do follow-- it would really make my day.

-Laila
www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

Jen said...

I'll do the floors if you tackle the laundry, lol.

Merry Mack said...

I, too, LOVE the Gilmore Girls. However, I have seen the last season. I miss their quick witty banter. Happy SITS day to you. www.merrymack.com

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Oh, I love Gilmore Girls too, and I miss it so much! You have to watch the last season, although I have to admit I think the first couple seasons were the best. Happy SITS Day!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great list thanks for sharing I can relate to over half of them.

Anonymous said...

I only got a cell phone less than a year ago and when I text it's like typing with one finger but slower.

Happy SITS day to you! :)

Robin said...

LOL....so what you're telling us is, your normal. :-)

oh and BTW....I have a cell phone and I know how to text. I only text my girls and only when I know they are working and I don't want to bother them but I need to leave a message. :-D
And I rarely answer my cell phone (or house phone for that matter). I just check the messages when I have time. I rarely have my cell phone with me and I refuse to be controlled by or dependent on an object.

na na said...

I hate doing the floors too! Actually I don't like doing any of it lol.
Happy SITS day.

Ashley ♥
http://ashleyclarkphotography.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

You are so cute! I love that you just confessed to wearing your pjs all day. So stinking cute! Happy SITS day!

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Of course we still love you Katie! First off because you are awesome! And real. And sweet. And talented. No wonder YOU love YOU! ;)

Thanks for sharing about you. Fascinating, really.

BlogBaby

Anonymous said...

Happy SITS Queen for a Day! Your blog is like a fresh summer breeze, so happy to make your acquaintance.

Hannah said...

Don't feel bad, I <3 vacuuming.

Lady Mama said...

Great list - refreshingly honest! I can relate to number 3 completely.

Lamonica said...

Great post. I currently don't have a cell phone but I plan to get another one and I am also not into text messaging.

Stopping by from SITS

Stephanie said...

Happy FB day! I have a cell phone but it's only for emergencies and it's off most of the time. In fact, I don't even know the number by memory. You aren't alone, girl!

Thanks for helping us get to know you!

Jen Feeny said...

LOL! Great confessions! Congrats on FB over at SITS! Today's your day to shine!!! :)

brokenteepee said...

I don't text either...it's the hooves.

Happy SITS day.

Pollyanna said...

Happy SITS Day!

Wow! You've got 12 recipes to use over and over again? I'm jealous, I've only got a couple. I'm more of a "if it comes in a box, I've got a meal" kind of gal.

You are more than welcome to come over help with the laundry. I'll give you a break and help with the kitchen. And I'll have the floors done before you get here. Sound like a plan?

I'd love to have you drop by my place: Life Makes Me Laugh

Amy said...

What a fun list. It is okay to get extra love for sure.

the planet of janet said...

i dont know what i'd do without my cell phone or texting. probably my children would never contact me ;-)

Ronnica said...

I LOVE Gilmore Girls. I wasn't sad to watch the last season, though...I could just start over from the beginning! Just do it!

Michelle said...

Oh man...you HAVE to watch Gilmore Girls...what are you waiting on????

I get stuck in a recipe rut too...simply because it's cheaper and easier.

Jennifer G. said...

Oh my, oh my... I totally hate laundry. You are a better woman then I. And just so you know - I do the same darn recipies over and over and over as well. Oh how I wish I had a personal chef.

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

I've only watched a few of the Gilmore Girls but loved them. Just not a huge TV watcher ... and the cell phone thing - I'm right there with you -- except I just recently got one -only becuz my daughters are now in school & I worry they won't be able to reach me in an emergancy - but other than that I really don't use it - and it's a pre-paid kind! :)

Enjoy your day in the SITS spotlight!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

I can relate to a few of these! About that #3, please work on that one. Things can change in a flash and the people you love can be gone in an instant.

Happy SITS Day!

Anonymous said...

I really miss Gilmore Girls! Happy SITS!

Unknown said...

Firstly... I love your blog header!

Oh, and lots of love for being the FB! :)

ItsKelly said...

I LOVE Gilmore Girls!! I was at Best Buy the other day and started begging Husband to buy me the DVD boxed set. I went on and on and on about how much I loved it and had to have it. When I finally took a breath and turned around, it wasn't my Husband I had been talking to! Instead, it was a 15 year old boy looking very confused/terrified!

Sarah said...

Great list ~ I can really relate to several!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

#1 describes me to a tee right now. Happy SITS day!

Brooke said...

greetings from a fellow cryer. although i've never cried...ahem...then.

happy sits day!

Christina said...

I, too, hate cleaning floors but don't hate the laundry so much.

I can't believe you don't have a cell phone.

Whoa.

Happy SITS day!

Christina

Mariel said...

I just ate 6 cupcakes.

Mariel
www.oneshetwoshe.com

Claire said...

I can definitely relate to #s 1, 2, and 3 - but especially #3. I have a brother who lives in Germany and I feel fine without him most of the time... but whenever I talk to him on the phone or visit him, I miss him terribly :(

Karen MEG said...

Well I don't feel so bad about my archaic cell phone now... it actually has the capability to text, but it's ancient.

I'm terrible at keeping up with my family too...my husband's the one who nudges me to all the time. Lucky me.

This was a great post. I hope you will have children when you want them... your positivity would be wonderful for kids...

Unknown said...

I stay in my pajamas alot. LOL! OMG! How do you survive without a cell phone?! I wish I could see/talk to my family more. I heart Gilmore Girls. I miss it. I'm also afraid I might not be able to have children. It's my biggest fear.

Hope you have a Great SITS day! Love your blog!!

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm with you on 4 & 6. Happy SITs Day! Hope it's not making you cry.

tommy said...

How do you survive without a cellphone...I hate talking on it, but I'm a text guru...I can't live without it, lol...

Great post...

Stacey said...

I have never met anyone that likes doing laundry!
I got rid of my cell phone about 6 months ago, and I don't miss it all.

Anonymous said...

First off, this site is so cute - it's painful. :)

This is such a good post idea. I like confessions. And more so I LOVE lists.

Ali said...

Oh, forget getting dressed and/or clean. Laying around is the best!

And PS: I LOVE Friend Makin' Mondays. Just not exactly sure where Kasey is to get us back into them! :-/

Sassy Chica said...

I luv number four and am also guilty!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Marrdy said...

You are so funny! I was thinking you were perfectly normally until I saw #10. There is something twisted about liking laundry!! LOL

Crystal said...

Happy SITS day! I am so with you on #2 - I've watched every single episode, except for the last season.

We also rotate the same 12 or so meals, I don't feel bad about it. :)

shortmama said...

Ive got a few loads of laundry just waiting for you to do! Please?!

The Mommy-Files said...

You are so funny! Love your site! Happy SITS Day!

http://www.themommy-files.com/

Natalia said...

I don't usually get out of my pj's before 3 pm. And I have also seen every episode of gilmore girls multiple times. I finished the last season, but not until about a year after the show ended mainly bc I didn't like the new writers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

Congrats on being the FB, but some of us already knew about your awesomeness, now didn't we?

#5- more people should say that about themselves. Good for you.

Jewls said...

I love your blog! It's so cute! Happy SITS day :) I love all of your confessions, it was a fun way to get to know you!

Reeni said...

Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. I cry a lot, too. Like when the commercial comes on with Sarah McClachlan and all those sad pets that don't have homes. I've learned to turn the channel. Happy SITS day!

Lani said...

I concur with the PP about the Sarah McLachlin commercial.. that's the saddest thing I've ever seen and its gets me every time..
Happy Sits Day! Your blog is great!!

Anonymous said...

Love your list of confessions - IF i were to make confessions, many of mine would be same as yours...like #2, #3, #4....

Happy SITS day!

Andrea said...

I can totally relate to some of those. Happy SITS day!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I'm very familiar with #1.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... #4 looks like it needs to be adopted by moi! Thanks for the fantastic idea :)

Em said...

Yes, texting is overrated.
I'm probably saying that because I don't know how to text, either (:
http://thatcraftymrsv.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

I totally relate to 1, 3, and 10!!! happy sits day!

Erin said...

Well, Katie, I can assure you that there are others in your situation. We still love you anyway! Come visit me! Happy SITS Day!

Single Mama NYC said...

I totally get #6. I used to be such a cool cucumber and then I went and had a kid, my hormones haven't been right since - I cry at commercials!

Kekibird said...

Wow 12 recipes! That's better than me. I think I've got a total of 2 recipes down pat. And I don't plan on learning more. I'll just ruin them :o)

MommyBrain said...

love lists. love confessions. great post.

your gilmore girls is my one tree hill ... and I am way too old to be watching high school drama :)

great "meeting" you today

Kristen said...

You better hope your hubby doesn't read this :D

Unknown said...

Since I've had the baby, #1 is my life!

Lisa Anne said...

I love when people post random things about themselves. I wish I was that interesting. I had a hard time posting 6 random things about myself when I was tagged today.

Hey there's nothing wrong with crying a lot or spending all day in your Pj's without a shower.

I do it all the time. =)

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I hate when my favorite shows end. It sucks and I don't want them to be over, either. :)

Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Don't feel badly about not having moved out of state, I haven't either! Like Dorothy says, "there's no place like home"

Happy SITS day!

Just Lisa said...

I can relate to quite a few of these!

Happy SITS Day!

BrnEyedGal said...

I have many of the same confessions on your list too!!! :)

Happy SITS day to you...just love the name of the blog, really cute!

Rebecca said...

I'll cook - and you do the laundry - sound good?

Happy SITS day!

Chaya Bluma said...

Happy SITS day! I love cleaning the kitchen and hate cleaning floors too.

Michelle (hometc) said...

Happy SITS day! Glad to hear you love yourself, all love should start there!

mamammelloves said...

I can relate to #1, #2, and #6. :) Love Gilmore Girls... I've seen every episode, and still very sad that it is over. :( I won't give away the last season. ;) I love cooking and baking, but hate cleaning... in any form!

Unknown said...

I don't have a cell phone either! Love your list.

said...

I watched every episode of GG too! {Although not 5 times}. Loved it. Miss it.

Belated congrats on your SITS day!

Are You There Mom? said...

You DONT have a cell!? Holy cow! How do you survive! haha

Kate said...

Wow. What an eclectic mix of information. At what point to you think you will watch the last season of Gilmore Girls? Ever...? And don't worry, I am super emotional too. Although I would not normally admit it, I have been guilty of doing the thing you mentioned in parenthesis too!

Patricia said...

*L* Great confession list. I can relate to the no shower part... it's tough fitting it in some days and definitely with the super emotional part... ;)

Happy SITS day!

tiarastantrums said...

ha h a- my 7 year old son just gave me a lesson in texting last week!! sad and true

Karen and Gerard said...

We liked the Gilmore Girls too. That's one show my husband and I both watched regularly and was sorry to see it end. My husband does all our cleaning so I don't have to--yea!

My confession--I spend way too much time on this computer!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest

Becca said...

Katie I love this post and I hope you don't mind if I do the same sort of thing and ask for confessions in a post on my blog (linking back to you of COURSE!). I found you on SITS and will be back to visit!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments; they are like sunshine to my soul!