• HomeAbout MeHire Me

Poor Polly

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My posts have been lacking lately (I can tell by the decline in comments right?). My head is all over the place these days. I've got lots of projects in the works. Which means lots of procrastination. Mostly when it comes to one project in particular. I keep putting it off and off and off.

I've never been a big procrastinator: I did my homework right when I got home. I studied for tests the same day I found out we were going to have one. I run errands early in the day in case something happens later and I can't get them done. I plan weekly menus. I have my dream house decorated down to the rugs, for gosh sakes.

I'm all about getting things done ahead of time. I'm all about being prepared and completing my goals.

This new fault of mine is really bugging me. Could it be a sign that I'm just not ready to do it? Maybe I'm afraid that once I get it done it won't succeed, or I won't be able to handle it. Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome targeted procrastination?

4 bubble blowin' comments:

Amanda said...

well I can't really help with too much advice.

When I have a task I really dread starting, or feel a bit overwhelmed with I start writing a plan, or a list of steps.
Then I take one step at a time, and feel like I accomplished something with each step I get to mark off the list.
I know not great advice, but it's all I got!

~ Julie ~ said...

I wish I had advice. If you figure it out, let me know.

Debbie said...

I was going to think of some ideas for you but I decided to put it off until later:)
I'm right there with you on the procrastination. I can't seem to get anything done at all.

Mrs Anne said...

Honestly, I think sometimes i'm "selective" with my procrastination. I will CHOOSE to procrastinate some things, and yet others i'm SPOT ON with.

Keep your chin up, and be happy.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments; they are like sunshine to my soul!