• HomeAbout MeHire Me

Scary times

Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Over 10 people were let go today. I find out if I am also let go in a few hours." These where the words I read when Hubby AIMed me. Totally out of the blue and mind taking. I was so scared for those two hours. Probably the longest two hours of my life.


I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that God will not give us anything we can't handle. Mark 9:23 "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." But I was still scared out of my mind.


Thankfully and gratefully my husband was not one of those 10 people let go at his work place. For now at least. My heart goes out to all of you who were on the other side of this list. And other lists around the world. And other tragedies and difficulties. It is scary times we live in. I can't do much, but if anyone needs a friend or anyone to talk to I'll be here. I feel for you. God bless you and your families. I hope, and know it will if you believe, that all turns out for the better.



P.S. Tuesday had passed on. Losing a child is so much harder then losing a job. Life is scary it is also fragile. And for us still living we must push forward however we can. Lets look to the sunshine and focus on the good. Here is something that helps me every single day. I invite you to check it out with an open heart.

4 bubble blowin' comments:

Crazee Juls said...

You are right..times are scary... My brother recently lost his job..and had to take another job with a very significant pay cut..but he was grateful to find it. Just hard to make ends meet that way. We have been very fortunate with my husband's company for now...but we heard his comany has cut 4 employees from another office. SCARY... Glad your hubby wasn't cut....although I hate to hear that anyone loses their job over a struggling economy.

Hccm said...

So happy that your husband wasn't let go and sad for those that were.

The loss of Tuesday is sad!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Small House said...

Hi Katie, If you get this twice I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time posting a comment. BUT...you are the winner of the giveaway. I need your address. You can leave it on my email. please add a subject, such as giveaway so I don't delete it. Have a good day.

Jenni said...

I glad your husband didn't get let go...

Post a Comment

I love getting comments; they are like sunshine to my soul!